View from the outside dining area
Sofa-bed and living area
The kitchen sink and worktop
Betsey was originally a horse drawn tram dating back to the 1890’s, making her the oldest of the three wagons. Betsey was converted from a tram to a holiday home, called the ‘Bungavan’ during the 1930’s in Prestwood, a village in the Chilterns. She was let out weekly during the 1930’s and 1940’s and is possibly one of the earliest glamping holiday homes in the UK . She has the original cupboards and dresser from those pre-war years.
She has been sympathetically restored, and now the 120 year old tram provides an opportunity to enjoy a holiday with a difference.
The design of the tram provides 2 outside, covered areas to sit and relax whilst enjoying the view.
- Sleeps 2 adults
- Open plan living/sleeping area
- The sofa converts into a 6’x 4′ double bed (takes 5 minutes to assemble). A curtain can be drawn across for privacy at night
- The kitchen includes a small sink, baby belling (2 rings and oven/grill), fridge/freezer and kettle. It is equipped with a basic set of cutlery, crockery, and pans
- Bedding provided (excluding towels)
- Electric heater
- TV, Wi-Fi
- Private toilet/ shower room with wash basin just a short walk from the tram
- Large outside sink for washing larger items is available for general use
- Wooden picnic-bench table
- Gas barbecue and fire pit available
- No pets
- No smoking in the van
The up to date availability is shown below. If you wish to book please fill out the contact form and in ‘Your Message’ please specify your ARRIVAL date and DEPARTURE date along with any other relevant information. I will then send you an e-mail to confirm your booking and discuss payment.
- Arrival time – after 3pm
- Departure time – before 10am
- Payment – 25% non-refundable deposit to be paid within 7 days of booking. Balance to be paid 4 weeks prior to start of holiday
- Payment method: Cheque (made out to LSC Ltd) or bank transfer